EM Environmental Monitor
Environmental Monitoring and Reporting
The Liebert OpenComms EM environmental monitor is a compact, half-duplex device designed to monitor data center insfrastructure temperature, humidity, water detection and contact closure and notify personnel when those conditions exceed user-defined limits.
The Liebert OpenComms EM data center monitoring solution is available in several models, which vary in size and number and types of ports. All models have sensor ports to monitor temperature, humidity, water detection and contact closure, and all models have either an external or built-in temperature/humidity sensor. The Liebert OpenComms EM supports a 10Mbit Ethernet connection and provides the following functionality: Web interface using HTTP, user authentication, e-mail and paging notification, SNMP support including Nform and graphing.
- Liebert OpenComms EM controller takes up zero U rack space and can support any combination of two sensors. The supported sensors are temperature, humidity, temperature and humidity combination and contact closure.
- Liebert EM PDU controller version has two sensor ports and two serial ports for connection to the Liebert Managed Power Advanced Power Strips. It takes up zero U rack space.
- Monitoring/alarm controller
- Provides temperature/humidity sensors and dry contacts
- Provides web interface using HTTP, user authentication, e-mail and paging notification, and SNMP support including Liebert Nform
- Network connectivity, allowing flexibility to receive both e-mail and paging notification. Personnel are notified when conditions exceed user-defined limits.
- Sensors for both the Liebert vEM-14 and the Liebert EM are available in both 15- and 60-foot lengths.
- Expanded monitoring capability to include water detection, ensuring against downtime by increasing the likelihood that potential problems are detected before they occur.
- Built in temperature & humidity sensor, allowing flexibility to utilize an unused sensor port for additional monitoring and further ensuring against downtime.
Lowest Total Cost Of Ownership
- Ten dry contact inputs, increasing monitoring capability and ensuring against costly, unplanned downtime.
Ideally Suited For
- Network closets to monitor for temperature problems
- Equipment cabinets to monitor for overheating
- Detectors to monitor sensitive or trouble spots in a data center
- Monitoring alarms of a unit for network notification