Start with the right kind of Cooling

Some operations use standard comfort cooling systems to save money or to avoid using additional floor space within the facility. But this approach may provide some benefits in the short term – they must be balanced against the cost of downtime and equipment damage resulting from serious overheating as well as the risk of financial loss.

Why Precision Cooling

Computers Generate Heat, But Not Humidity.

Precision Cooling vs. Comfort Cooling

90%-95% of a precision cooling system’s energy and capacity are designed to remove the dry heat that electronic equipment produces. Comfort cooling systems are designed to keep people comfortable and are only capable of using about 60%-65% of their cooling capacity to remove heat generated by computers. The other 35%-40% is used to remove moisture, commonly found in office space, but not server or network rooms. This can lower humidity too much causing electricity problems and even electronic failure.